I have a previous DUI (minor offence). What do I need to do to cross the border into Canada?

In Canada, driving while under the influence is considered a criminal offence. If your DUI is older than 10 years with no other offences, then you are deemed rehabilitated and should have no difficulties crossing the border.

If your DUI is less than 10 years old, but not less than 5 years old, there are certain steps that you can and need to take to apply for rehabilitation and admissibility into Canada.

Due to improved screening at the borders, even though you may have been able to cross into Canada in prior years, you may be subject to additional questioning and difficulties at the border. Also, it is quite important that you are honest and forthright regarding minor offences such as DUI’s. It is much better to volunteer information than to conceal it.

For more information on admissibility. please feel free to contact us and we will get you in touch with the proper agencies. For further assistance people can also contact:

Northern Ontario Tourist Outfitters Association (N.O.T.O.)
386 Algonquin Avenue
North Bay, ON, Canada P1B 4W3
Phone 1-705-472-5552. Fax 1-705-472-0621.
Email: [email protected]

Comments are closed.